Dr. VINOD KUMAR VERMA
Computer Science and Engineering
Computer Science and Engineering
International and National (18 Years)
Examination Coordinator (18/12/2013 – 19/08/2014) CSE, SLIET, Longowal.
Hostel Warden (02/07/2012 – 26/08/2013), B.H-6, SLIET, Longowal.
In-Charge (26/03/2013 – 17/11/2016), Computer Repair and Maintenance Lab. SLIET,
In-Charge (24/09/2014 – Present), Microprocessor Lab. SLIET, Longowal.
In-Charge (24/09/2014 – 2018), Emerging Technology Lab. SLIET, Longowal.
Member (13/11/2015 – Present), Central Library Committee, SLIET, Longowal.
CSE Departmental Placement Coordinator (01/10/2015 – Sep. 2016), SLIET, Longowal.
GATE Coordinator, CSE, 2018- Present
Editor, ANSHUMAT, Newsletter, CSE Deptt. 2018- Present
Member, Senate, SLIET, Longowal (21/12/2018 – 20/12/2020)
CSE, Member, Department Upkeep Committee (12/05/2014 – 09/05/2016) (10/05/2016 – 02/02/2019) (03/09/2019 – Present)
CSE, Member, Project Coordinator (12/05/204 – 09/05/2016)
CSE, Member, Training In-charge, ICD, (12/05/204 – 09/05/2016)
CSE, Member Curriculum Revision Committee (10/05/2016 – 02/09/2019)
CSE, Member, Department Placement Committee (10/05/2016 – 02/09/2019)
Faculty Placement Coordinator, CSE, SLIET, Longowal. (2018 – 14/03/2021)
Convener, CSE Department, Website Updation Committee, (03/09/2019 – Present)
Nodal Officer, I-STEM, (Indian Science Technology and Engineering Facilities Map), SLIET, Longowal. (15/01/2020 – Present)
INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE (Affiliations / Collaborations )
University of Surrey, Guildford, ENGLAND, U.K.
Athens University of Applied Sciences, Athens. GREECE
University of West Attica, Athens, GREECE
University of Nottingham, MALAYSIA
New York, Florida, UNITED STATE OF AMERICA (USA)
London, Cambridge, UNITED KINGDOM (UK)
Short Term Courses attended
No. of weeks (1/2/3)
FDP for Student Induction
Adhoc Network and Cloud Computing
13 Jan. – 17 Jan. 2016
Soft Computing, Pattern Recognition and Image Processing
27 September – 1 October, 2016
Recent Advances in Computational Techniques in Engineering
October 17 – 21, 2016
Future Trends of Broadcast Wireless Communication and Networking
09 Dec. – 20 Dec. 2013
Future of Communication Systems
30 Aug.2013 – 03 Sep. 2013.
Wireless and Wi-Max Issues: Present Scenario
05 July – 16 July 2010.
High Performance Computing
29 June – 10 July 2009
Session’s BEST PAPER AWARD by President International Institute of Informatics and Systemics (IIIS), ORLANDO, FLORIDA, USA.18 July 2014.
BEST PAPER AWARD NCCN – 11 AT SLIET, Longowal, India
International Conference, VENICE, ITALY.
International Multi-Conference Orlando, FLORIDA, USA.
RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS in Clarivate Analytics / SCI Indexed Thomson Reuters
Journals of IEEE, Springer, Elsevier, Taylor and Francis, Hindawi etc.
J1. Vinod Kumar Verma S. Sharma, “Investigations on Information Solicitation and Version Number Attacks in Internet of Things,” in IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 3204-3211, 1 Feb.1, 2023, ISSN- 1530-437X doi: 10.1109/JSEN.2022.3225745.
Impact Factor: 4.3 Journal Citation Reports Clarivate Analytics:Science Citation Index (SCIE)
J2.Vinod Kumar Verma, A. Sharma, K. Ntalianis and K. Verma, “Catenarian-Trim Medley Routing System for Energy Balancing in Dispensed Computing Networks,” in IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 3922-3933, 1 Nov.-Dec. 2022, ISSN – 2334-329X, doi: 10.1109/TNSE.2021.3140139
Impact Factor: 6.6 Journal Citation Reports Clarivate Analytics: Science Citation Index (SCIE)
J3. C. -K. Tsung, J. -C. Liu, S. -H. Liu, Vinod Kumar Verma and C. -T. Yang, “Performance Analysis in HyperFlex and vSAN Hyper Convergence Platforms for Online Course Consideration,” in IEEE Access, vol. 10, pp. 124464-124474, 2022, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2022.3224435.
Impact Factor: 3.9 Journal Citation Reports Clarivate Analytics: Science Citation Index (SCIE)
J4. Ali El Ksimi, Cherkaoui Leghris, Samira Lafraxo & Vinod Kumar Verma (2023): ICMPv6-based DDoS Flooding-Attack Detection Using Machine and Deep Learning Techniques, IETE Journal of Research, UK May 2023. DOI: 10.1080/03772063.2023.2208549
Impact Factor: 1.877 (2021) Journal Citation Reports Clarivate Analytics: Science Citation Index (SCIE)
J5. Sharma, S., Vinod Kumar Verma,. Security explorations for routing attacks in low power networks on internet of things. The Journal of Supercomputing, An International Journal of High-Performance Computer Design, Analysis, and Use, 2020, © Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2020, Published Online 26 October 2020, Impact Factor: 2.469 (2019) Science Citation Index Expanded. (SCIE Indexed)
J6.Vinod Kumar Verma, Klimis Ntalianis, Carlos Manuel Moreno and Chao-Tung Yang. Next-generation Internet of things and cloud security solutions. International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks 2019, Vol. 15(3). 2019, ISSN: 15501477, SAGE Publishing, UNITED KINGDOM. Clarivate Analytics: Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE)
J7. Chao-Tung Yang, Shuo-Tsung Chen, Jung-Chun Liu, Yu-Wei Chan, Chien-Chih Chen & Vinod Kumar Verma. An energy-efficient cloud system with novel dynamic resource allocation method. SPRINGER The Journal of Supercomputing – An International Journal of High-Performance Computer Design, Analysis, and Use. pp. 1-12. ISSN 0920-8542, J Supercomput. DOI 10.1007/s11227-019-02794-w, © SPRINGER Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature, SWITZERLAND 2019.
Science Citation Index Expanded
J8. Vinod Kumar Verma. Klimis Ntalians, S. Singh, N.P. Pathak, Data Proliferation Based Estimations over Distribution Factor in Heterogeneous Wireless Sensor Networks. ELSEVIER Computer Communications – The International Journal for the Computer and Telecommunications Industry, 124 (2018) 111–118. ISSN: 0140-3664. June 2018, ELSEVIER SCIENCE NETHERLANDS
J9.Vinod Kumar Verma.. Pheromone and Path Length Factor Based Trustworthiness Estimations in Heterogeneous Wireless Sensor Networks, Published in IEEE Sensors Journal, Year: 2017, Volume: 17, Issue: 1, Pages: 215 – 220, DOI: 10.1109/JSEN .2016. 2627041, ISSN: 1530-437X (SCI Indexed).
J10. Vinod Kumar Verma, Surinder Singh, and N.P. Pathak. Analytical Event Based Investigations Over Delphi Random Generator Distributions for Data Dissemination Routing Protocols in Highly Dense Wireless Sensor Networks. Published in SPRINGER Wireless Personal Communications: An International Journal © Springer Science + Business Media New York 2016.April 2016, Volume 87, Issue 4, pp 1209–1222, ISSN: 0929-6212 (Print) 1572-834X (Online) (SCI Indexed)
J11. Vinod Kumar Verma, Surinder Singh, and N.P. Pathak. Towards comparative evaluation of trust and reputation models over static, dynamic and oscillating wireless sensor networks. Published in SPRINGER Wireless Networks: The Journal of Mobile Communication, Computation and Information. February 2017, Volume 23, Issue 2, pp 335–343. © Springer Science + Business Media New York 2017. ISSN: 1022-0038 (Print) 1572-8196 (Online) (SCI Indexed)
J12.S. Singh, Vinod Kumar Verma, and N.P. Pathak. Sensors Augmentation Influence over Trust and Reputation Models Realization for Dense Wireless Sensor Networks, Published in Sensors Journal, IEEE, Year: 2015, Volume: 15, Issue: 11,Pages: 6248 – 6254, DOI: 10.1109/JSEN.2015. 2448642. Print ISSN: 1530-437X Online ISSN: 1558-1748
J13.Vinod Kumar Verma, Surinder Singh and N.P. Pathak. Optimized Battery Models Estimation for Static, Distance Vector and On-Demand Based Routing Protocols over 802.11 Enabled Wireless Sensor Networks, Published in SPRINGER Wireless Personal Communications: An International Journal, © Springer Science + Business Media New York.March 2015, Volume 81, Issue 2, pp 503–517, (SCI Indexed)
J14. Vinod Kumar Verma, Surinder Singh and N.P. Pathak. Comprehensive Event Based Estimation of Sensor Node Distribution Strategies using Classical Flooding Routing Protocol in Wireless Sensor Networks. Published in SPRINGER Wireless Networks: The Journal of Mobile Communication, Computation and Information. Volume 20, pp.2349-2357. © Springer Science + Business Media New York 2014. November 2014, Volume 20, Issue 8, pp 2349–2357. ISSN: 1022-0038 (Print) 1572-8196 (Online) (SCI Indexed)
J15. Vinod Kumar Verma, Surinder Singh and N.P. Pathak. Collusion Based Realization of Trust and Reputation Models in Extreme Fraudulent Environment over Static and Dynamic Wireless Sensor Networks. Published in International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 672968, pp. 1- 9. Hindawi Publishing Corporation, USA. (SCI Indexed)
J16.Vinod Kumar Verma, Surinder Singh and N.P. Pathak. Impact of Malicious Servers over Trust and Reputation Models in Wireless Sensor Networks, Published in International Journal of Electronics, Taylor & Francis Publications. Vol. 103, Issue 3, 2016, Pages 530-540. Print ISSN: 0020-7217 Online ISSN: 1362-3060 (SCI Indexed)
J17. Vinod Kumar Verma, Surinder Singh and N.P. Pathak. Analysis of scalability for AODV routing protocol in wireless sensor networks. Published in ELSEVIER Optik – International Journal for Light and Electron Optics, Volume 125, Issue 2, pp.748-750, January 2014, Elsevier ScienceDirect Publications. ISSN: 0030-4026. (SCI Indexed)
ATTENDED INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES
1. Vinod Kumar Verma. Num Ant Factor Based Comprehensive Investigations over Linguistic Trust and Reputations Model in Mobile Sensor Networks. 4th International Conference on Mobile, Secure and Programmable Networking (MSPN’2018) June 18 – 20, 2018, PARIS, FRANCE.
2. Vinod Kumar Verma. Information Based Mutable Trust Communication Scheme for Heterogeneous Wireless Networks. The 1st Australia and New Zealand Conference on Advanced Research (ANZCAR- 2017), June 17 – 18, 2017 MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA.
3. Vinod Kumar Verma. Simulative Exploration of Power Trust and Reputation Model over Power Node Augmentation Factor in Distributed Peer to Peer Networks. Published in WSEAS 18th International Conference on Automatic Control, Modelling & Simulation (ACMOS ’16), VENICE, ITALY. Jan. 29- 31, 2016.
4. Vinod Kumar Verma, Surinder Singh. Pre-Trusted Peers probability influence on Eigen trust and reputation model over peer to peer distributed networks. Published in International conference on Internet Studies (NETs2015) TOKYO, JAPAN, July 18-19, 2015.
5. Vinod Kumar Verma. Bio-Inspired trust and Reputation Model Investigations Hops Coefficient Factor in Wireless Sensor networks, Published in 7th International Conference on engineering and Technological Innovations IMETI- CITSA – 2014, ORLANDO, FLORIDA, USA. July 15 – 18, 2014.
6. Vinod Kumar Verma, Surinder Singh, N. P. Pathak, Terrain Investigations of AODV Routing Protocol over Temporal Constraints in Wireless Sensor Network. Published in proceeding of 11th WSEAS International Conference on Electronics, Hardware, Wireless and Optical Communication (EHAC ’12), Recent Researches in Communications, Electronics, Signal Processing and Automatic Control, ISBN: 978-1-61804-069-5, CAMBRIDGE, UNITED KINGDOM (UK), February 22- 24, 2012
Internet of Things, Trust and Reputation Systems, Wireless Sensor Networks, Artificial Intelligence, Smart Cities, Digital Transparency and Open Data, Machine Learning, Cloud Computing, Software Systems, Image Processing,
Ph.D. SEATS AVAILABLE
Prospective PhD Students
Looking for students technically strong in Computer Science and Mathematics interested in the areas namely: Wireless Networks, Trust and Reputation Systems, Distributing Computing, Software Systems, Internet of Things, Big Data, Pervasive Computing, Image Processing and related fields. Prospective students must also possess excellent programming and communication skills. Please contact me if you are one of them.
Also, you can contact me if you have an innovative problem.
RESEARCH SUPERVISION (INTERNATIONAL)
Mr. Dui Van Pham, Institute of Material Science, VIETNAM
1. Saurabh Sharma, Performance Investigations on Security Aspects of Internet of Things –AWARDED
2. Manpreet Kaur, Towards Trust Management Mechanisms for Internet of Things : On-going
M. Tech. Students – 7 (Awarded)
M. Tech. Degree Awarded
1. Pooja Gautam, Investigations on Autoscaling and Load balancing Aspects for Cloud Based Systems, 2021
2. Meenu Yadev, Gender Classification on Speech over Voice Samples in Machine Learning Systems, 2019
3. Anupam Sharma, Performance Investigations on Chain Based Routing Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks, 2018
4. Ankit Sharma, Workload prediction based investigations over Pattern aspect for cloud systems, 2017
5. Umabharti Rawat, Pervasive Explorations of Routing Protocols in Distributed Wireless Sensor Networks, 2016
6. Kulbir Nigah, Enhancing Adhoc Wireless Network with Scalability, 2011
7. Narinder Singh, Energy Efficiency First Fit Wavelength Assignment algo. in Network Topologies, 2011
Copyright © 2023 , Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal - 148106 Distt. Sangrur, Punjab, India
Developed & Maintained by Administrative Computer Services System (A.C.S.S), SLIET