Dr. Manoj Sachan
Professor & Head (CSE)
Computer Science & Engineering
B.Tech(Computer Science) , M.E(Computer Science), Ph.D (Computer Science & Engineering)
As Research Assistant in TCRDC (now TCIRD) , Patiala , 4 months (1992)
As Lecturer in Computer Science and Engineering , TIET (now Thapar Univ ) Patiala , 7.5 years (1992-1999)
As Assistant Professor in Computer Science & Engineering , SLIET Longowal , 7 years (1999-2006)
As Associate Professor in Computer Science & Engineering , SLIET Longowal , 13 years (2006-2019)
As Professor in Computer Science & Engineering , SLIET Longowal (since 2019 till date)
Life Member , Indian Society for Technical Education
Life Member, Computer Society of India (CSI)
1- Journal Papers
1. Singh, S., Sachan, M.K. Classification of code-mixed bilingual phonetic text using sentiment analysis. International Journal on Semantic Web and Information Systems (2021). (Accepted)[SCIE,IF:1.50]
2. Singh, R.K., Sachan, M.K. & Patel, R.B. 360 degree view of cross-domain opinion classification: a survey. Artif Intell Rev springer(2020). [SCIE,IF:5.942]
3. Singh, G., & Sachan, M. K. “An Unconstrained and effective Approach of Script Identification for Online Bilingual handwritten Text”, National Academy science Letters, 2020. [SCIE, IF: 0.416] https://doi.org/10.1007/s40009-020-00889-0
4. Singh, S. K., & Sachan, M. K. “SentiVerb system: classification of social media text using sentiment analysis”, Multimedia Tools and Applications, 78 (22), pp. 32109-32136, 2019.[SCIE, IF:2.313] https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11042-019-07995-2
5. Singh, S. K., & Sachan, M. K. GRT: Gurmukhi to Roman Transliteration System using Character Mapping and Handcrafted Rules, International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE),ISSN: 2278-3075, Volume-8 Issue-9, July 2019.[SCOPUS] https://www.ijitee.org/wp-content/uploads/papers/v8i9/I8636078919.pdf
6. Singh, G., & Sachan, M. Performance comparison of classifiers for bilingual gurmukhi-roman online handwriting recognition system, International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology, 8 95), pp. 573-581, 2019.[SCOPUS] https://www.ijeat.org/wp-content/uploads/papers/v8i5/E7151068519.pdf
7. Singh, G., & Sachan, M. A Bilingual (Gurmukhi-Roman) Online Handwriting Identification and Recognition System, International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering, 8 (1), PP. 2936-2953, 2019. [SCOPUS] https://www.ijrte.org/wp-content/uploads/papers/v8i1/A1341058119.pdf
8. Singh, S. K., & Sachan, M. K. Importance and Challenges of Social Media Text. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science, 8(3), 2017.
9. Sharma, P., & Sachan, M. K. A Review on Character Segmentation of Touching and Half Character in Handwritten Hindi Text. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science, 8(3), 2017.
10. Singh, S. K., & Sachan, M. K. Opportunities and Challenges of Handwritten Sanskrit Character Recognition System. International Journal on Future Revolution in Computer Science & Communication Engineering ISSN: 2454-4248, Volume: 3 Issue: 7, PP. 18-22, 2017.
11. Sharma, P., & Sachan, M. K. A Technique for Character Segmentation in Middle zone of Handwritten Hindi words using Hybrid Approach. International Journal on Future Revolution in Computer Science & Communication Engineering ISSN: 2454-4248, Volume: 3 Issue: 7, PP. 01-10, 2017.
12. Singh, R. K., Rani, A., & Sachan, M. K. Fuzzy Automata: A Quantitative Review. International Journal on Future Revolution in Computer Science & Communication Engineering ISSN: 2454-4248, Volume: 3 Issue: 7, PP.11-17, 2017.
13. Kanwar, S., Sachan, M., & Singh, G. N-GRAMS SOLUTION FOR ERROR DETECTION AND CORRECTION IN HINDI LANGUAGE. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science, 8(7), 2017.
14. Singh, G., & Sachan, M. A framework of online handwritten Gurmukhi script recognition. International Journal of Computer Science and Technology (IJCST), 6, PP. 52-56, 2015.
2- Conference Papers
1- Hemlata, Sachan, M. K., & Singh, S. K.Personality Detection using Handwriting Analysis:Review, The Seventh International Conference on Advances in Computing, Electronics and Communication – ACEC 2018, pp. 85-89.
2- Singh, G., & Sachan, M. A. Offline Gurmukhi script recognition using knowledge based approach & Multi-Layered Perceptron neural network, International Conference on Signal Processing, Computing and Control (ISPCC), pp. 266-271, 2015. IEEE
3- Singh, G., & Sachan, M. K. Data capturing process for online Gurmukhi script recognition system. In 2015 IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Computing Research (ICCIC) (pp. 1-4), 2015. IEEE.
4- Sachan, M. Analysis of Shape Variations in Recognition of Online Gurmukhi Script, International Conference on Electrical and Electronics: Techniques and Applications (EETA 2015), pp. 312-316.
5- Singh, G., & Sachan, M. Multi-layer perceptron (MLP) neural network technique for offline handwritten Gurmukhi character recognition. In 2014 IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Computing Research (pp. 1-5), 2014, IEEE.
6- Sachan, M. K., Lehal, G. S., & Jain, V. K. A system for online gurmukhi script recognition. In International Conference on Information Systems for Indian Languages (pp. 299-300), 2011, March. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
7- Sachan, M. K., Lehal, G. S., & Jain, V. K. A novel method to segment online gurmukhi script. In International Conference on Information Systems for Indian Languages (pp. 1-8)2011, March. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
8- Sachan, M. K. Online Handwriting Recognition-The state of The Art in Indian Context, National Conference on Communications and Computational Techniques: Current & Future Trends, 10-11 February 2006.
9- Karishma, Sachan, M. K , Jain, V.K., & Singla, V. Loan Approval System Using Neural Networks, National Conference on Computational Intelligence in Electrical Engineering, 2005, SLIET, Longowal.
10- Bhangu, K.,Sachan, M.K., & Verma, R. S. Risk Analysis in Life Insurance using Neural Networks, National Confenrence on Research and Practices in Current Areas of IT, 2004,SLIET, Longowal.
11- Bansal, P.K., Sachan, M.k. & Jain, V.K. A Neural Network Approach To Find Optimum Path In An Interconnected Network, Int. Conf. on Computer Applications in Electrical Engineering-Recent Advances, 2002, IIT Roorkee.
12- Bansal, P.K., Sachan, M.k. & Goyal, D.P. Human Computer Interactions and Neural Networks, National Seminar on Challenges Ahead with Information Technology, 2002, SLIET, Longowal.
13- Singh, P.K., Sachan, M. K., Chauhan, R.C., & Jain, V.K. Commercial Applications of Neural Networks, 16th National Convention CCCI, 2001,SLIET Longowal.
3- Papers presented in Conferences, Seminars, Workshops, Symposia
1- Analysis of Shape Variation in recognition of Online Gurmukhi Script, Int. Conf. on Electrical and Electronics : Techniques and Applications, August 23-24, 2015,Phuket, Thailand
2- Pressure Based Segmentation of Online Gurmukhi Script, National Conference on Computing, Communication & Information Technology, 02, 28-29 May 2010,SLIET, Longowal.
3- Pre-processing techniques for Online Handwriting Recognition, 3rd National Conf. on Recent Advances and Future Trends in IT (RAFIT-2009), April 9-10, 2009, Deptt. of Computer Science , Punjabi University, Patiala.
4- A Neural Network based Decision making tool for Managers, National Conference on Information Technology & Competitive Dynamics, ITCDC-2008, April 19-20, 2008, IME, Ghaziabad.
5- Online Handwriting Recognition: The State of the Art in Indian Context, 2nd National Conf. on Recent Advances and Future Trends in IT (RAFIT-2007), Feb 16-17, 2007,Deptt. of Computer Science , Punjabi University, Patiala.
6- Application of Neural Network in Optimization, one week STTP sponsored by AICTE-ISTE May 22-26, 2006, Deptt. of Mathematics, SLIET Longowal.
7- Programmer’s Virtual Office, National Conference on Business Management, April 9-10, 2005, IMT, Ghaziabad.
8- IT – its impact on Education System, “Quest for Excellence in Higher Education” Nov 20th 2004, Govt. Mohindra College , Patiala.
4- Courses Participated : 10
5- Invited Lectures and Chairmanships at National or international Conference/ Seminars : 16
1- Gurpreet Singh, Regular (Final-Submission Done for evaluation)
2- Shailendra Kumar Singh, Regular Full Time (Pre-submission done)
3- Rahul Kumar Singh, Part Time (Research Plan Defended, Ongoing)
4- Arvind Kumar, Regular Full Time (Research Plan Defended, Ongoing)
5- Sandeep Kaur, Regular Full Time (Research Plan Submitted, Ongoing)
6- Preetpal Kuar, Part time (Course work completed)
M. Phil Guidance
1- Ms.Shrija Madhu (Chaudhary Devi Lal Univ , Sirsa)
2- Ms.Puneet Bhardwaj
1- Shailza Kanwar : Real Word Error Detection and Correction in Hindi Text
2- Himani : Rule based approach for Detection and Normalization of the Temporal Expression in Hindi Text
3- Preeti Sharma : Character Segmentation of Handwritten Hindi Words using Hybrid Approach
4- Syeda Surayya Jabeen : Human Stress Detection Through Handwriting Analysis
5- Hemlata : Detection of Change in the Personality Through Handwriting analysis
6- Jaswinder Singh : Handwriting Analysis for Prediction of Human Stress Level using Rule-Based, Decision Tree and SVM Classifier
7- Ritesh Singh : detection of Change in Personality on the basis of Big Five Traits Through Handwriting Analysis using SVM, ANN and Rule-based Classifier
8- Harsh Raj Singh : Pre-submission done
9- Ashish Guleriya : Pre-submission done
Copyright © 2022 , Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal - 148106 Distt. Sangrur, Punjab, India
Developed & Maintained by Administrative Computer Services System (A.C.S.S), SLIET